DC330 Hybrid Laser and Semi-rotary Finishing
The DC330HYBRID is the perfect solution for digitally printed webs. Simply download the file from the pre-press department and the laser module is ready. It fits an optional barcode reader for faster reload of existing jobs. The laser module is an independent module that can be retrofitted into any DC330. The laser power ranges from 100-400Watt (400-1000Watt peak). The standard DC330HYBRID configuration has flexo varnish, lamination, slitting and dual rewinding built in. The DC330HYBRID can be combined with GM’s automatic knife system for digital production.
The unique combination of both conventional and digital cutting systems gives the benefits of both worlds. Fast delivery with the laser and high speed operation for long runs on the conventional cutting system. To counter the challenges of smaller runs and shorter lead times GM offers the DC330HYBRID Laser and Die Combi Converter. With the HYBRID, fast day to day labels can be made on the laser and longer runs or difficult materials can be processed on the conventional semi-rotary die cut module. The laser die cutter features a fully digital position system – which is much better than existing analogue laser systems. This new design offers better register (X & Y) and cut depth control (Z). The laser will cut most materials used in the label industry.
The DC330HYBRID comes on standard 2 meter GM frames. It can be extended with all GM’s modules; a second varnish group, screen printing, lamination, hot foil stamp, cold foil and sheet conveyer. All options are possible on this line.
A laser die cutter is a excellent choice for digital short runs. Offering zero change over time and no die plate cost this technology is a perfect partner for a digital press
- The GM L330 laser unit offers fully digital mirror (galvo) system for superior laser cut quality.
- A digital & automatic 3D focus and power control system eliminates the “startup hole burn problem” of more simple systems.
- The system is build using 100% standard industry components from major laser suppliers like Coherent.
- No tooling required, simply download the file from the Pre-press Department and the GM L330 laser will take off.
- The laser has an optional bar code reader for quick change over and integration into Esko graphics pre-press solutions.
- The GM L330 laser comes as a standard plug in module for the GM converts, but can also be feed into any other rotary web fed machine.
Advantages of the GM Laser Die Cutting System
- No more ordering conventional tooling and waiting days for delivery.
- No more long make readies and waste material.
- No more capital tied up in conventional tooling.
- No more lifting heavy rotary tools.
- No more storage of conventional tooling.
See a video of the GM Hybrid laser solution in action here:
|200 – 330mm
|8 – 13”
|20 – 200 µm
|Die plate size (repeat)
|50,8 – 558,8 mm
|2 – 22”
|Max. Ø700 mm
|Single or dual shaft rewind
|Max. Ø500 mm
|76,2 or 152,4 mm
|3 or 6”
|100, 150, 250 or 400W
|Single head pulsed CO2
|Laser Spot Size
|Print Cylinder size
|228 – 482,6 mm
|9 – 19”
|Spot varnish option
(digital sensor register control)
|Pneumatic crush, shear or razor knife
|Minimum distance crush
|Minimum distance shear
|3x400V+N+PE, 32A, 6 bar
|4,0 x 1,3 x 1,7 m
|Ø100 mm, 800 m3/h. Outside.
|Ø160 mm, 1600 m3/h. Outside.